With Kerry Hodkinson
Kerry works by integrating several modalities of therapy, the core one being Transactional Analysis. This forms the backbone of her work along with Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing therapy (EMDR).
Mind body synergy is at the absolute core of our physical and mental health. Kerry's aim is to assist clients to both understand this concept and to explore their own lives so they can develop self awareness and learn to listen to their bodies.
Kerry is passionate about her work with her clients, seeing individuals grow and develop to achieve their goals through deeper emotional clarity and self-understanding. Kerry offers a confidential service in a friendly, warm and non-judgmental environment . Her aim is to provide you with a safe and supportive space to explore issues and problems. She believes that people have the capacity to change but at times may need assistance to achieve this.
Kerry has experience of working with a wide range of people and issues. These range from trauma, stress, anxiety, abuse, anger and bereavement, to relationship difficulties and depression. Kerry has extensive experience of working with people in a caring role and can help those who are adapting to a long term health condition or life changing injuries.
EMDR is recognised by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) and the World Health Organisation as the treatment of choice for post-traumatic stress disorder and Kerry has extensive experience of working with this.
Kerry has experience of working with short-term solution focused therapy (3-6 sessions) along with medium to long term psychotherapy.
As well as individual therapy, Kerry offers a range of workshops on Stress Management, Sleep, Mind & Body Synergy, and Coping and Relaxation Skills.
CBT & EMDR
With Caroline Raw
Caroline offers a supportive, warm, non-judgmental and compassionate space to help you to explore and understand how your difficulties have developed and works with you to develop strategies to cope so that you can work towards living a life that matters to you.
She works with each person individually using a variety of therapeutic approaches;
- Cognitive Behaviorual Therapy (CBT) – looking at how our thoughts, emotions, physical sensations and behaviours influence each other, sometimes in unhelpful ways
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) – helping our minds and bodies move on from difficult and traumatic experiences
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – exploring what matters to you as a person (what you value in life) and helping you to do more of what matters, despite any challenges
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CPFT) – helping you to develop ways of being kinder and more compassionate to yourself (and sometimes to others too)
- Mindfulness – we can all spend too much time thinking too much about the past or worrying about the future. Mindfulness supports us to be more present in the here and now and be more present
- Pain and Fatigue management strategies (for example pacing activity) with a particular focus on overcoming what gets in the way of implementing these strategies
Caroline is passionate about supporting people to be the best version of themselves. She strongly believes that if working through problems was that easy, we would have all figured it out already and therefore, feels that everyone can benefit from therapy at times to help them to move forwards.
If you want to learn more, please feel free to contact Caroline directly on 07495515343 as she offers a free initial telephone consultation. Sessions are charged at £55, however, if you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact her to discuss.