Caroline is an accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist. She has worked previously in the NHS supporting people to learn ways to manage emotional difficulties (such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, post-traumatic stress disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, low self-esteem, struggling to move on following a bereavement) and more recently has specialised in supporting people to adapt to long term health conditions and live valued lives, despite the challenges they face (such as fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue or following an injury or illness).
Caroline offers a supportive, warm, non-judgmental and compassionate space to help you to explore and understand how your difficulties have developed and works with you to develop strategies to cope so that you can work towards living a life that matters to you.
She works with each person individually using a variety of therapeutic approaches;
- Cognitive Behaviorual Therapy (CBT) – looking at how our thoughts, emotions, physical sensations and behaviours influence each other, sometimes in unhelpful ways
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) – helping our minds and bodies move on from difficult and traumatic experiences
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) – exploring what matters to you as a person (what you value in life) and helping you to do more of what matters, despite any challenges
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CPFT) – helping you to develop ways of being kinder and more compassionate to yourself (and sometimes to others too)
- Mindfulness – we can all spend too much time thinking about the past or worrying about the future. Mindfulness supports us to be more focussed on the here and now and be more present
- Pain and Fatigue management strategies (for example pacing activity) with a particular focus on overcoming what gets in the way of implementing these strategies
Caroline is passionate about supporting people to be the best version of themselves. She strongly believes that if working through problems was that easy, we would have all figured it out already and therefore, feels that everyone can benefit from therapy at times to help them to move forwards.
If you want to learn more, please feel free to contact Caroline directly on 07495515343 as she offers a free initial telephone consultation. Sessions are charged at £55, however, if you are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact her to discuss.